My holiday: Paint a picture about your holiday. What did you experience/see and where did you go.
- Identity Document/ Who am I. Make your own identity document/ passport with a picture and fingerprints.
- Use handprints to make a butterfly.
- Invite friends over and play games outside such as hop scotch, pin the tail on the donkey, three legged race and egg race.
- As it is autumn take leaves and make a picture.
- For colder days use tinned food and other groceries and open a ‘store’ in the kid’s bedroom. Allowing them to ‘sell’and ‘price’the groceries helps with cognitive development.
Holiday activities for 4-5 year olds
- A treasure hunt for the kids in the garden.
- “Camping” in the house/garden for the day.
- A Teddy bear picnic in the garden for the kids and their toys.
- If it’s cooler a pyjama day. Everyone stays in their pyjama’s and watch DVD’s.
Holiday ideas for 2-3 year olds
- Use playdough and make shapes and other interesting objects.
- Recipe for playdough:
- 2 cups of flower
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup water
- food colouring
- mix all the ingredients together and start playing!
- Make handprints on a piece of paper. This can be put in a scrapbook or given as a gift to grandma.
- Fingerpainting and free drawing is very good for fine motor development. Give your child some crayons and a piece of paper and allow her to draw freely.
Here are some holiday ideas from websites:
Please let me know if you need more ideas.
Hope you had a great day! For some of you it is already school holiday and there’s a lot of questions what to do with all the extra time. Here are links to webites that you might find useful.
Fun easter activities: http://www.2teachingmommies.com/2012/03/easter-center-ideas.html
Bake cookie puppets: http://www.education.com/activity/article/bake-cookie-puppets/?cid=90.002
Do some gardening: http://www.teachpreschool.org/2012/03/exploring-seeds-in-the-gardening-center/
I’m busy gathering other great ideas. What are the ages of your children in order for me to be more specific?
Talk to you later