This is Part 1 in a series on staff training for your school.
Training is very important for every school. It introduces employees to the ins and outs of the school. Team building also builds relationships in the team.
Training includes the following elements:
- General training relating to the organisation, including values and philosophy as well as structure and history, etc.
- Mandatory training relating to health and safety and other essential or legal areas.
- Job training relating to the role that the new starter will be performing.
- Training evaluation, entailing confirmation of understanding, and feedback about the quality and response to the training.
GENERAL ORGANISATIONAL INDUCTION TRAINING CHECKLIST
- Essential ‘visitor level’ safety and emergency procedures
- Food and drink
- Smoking areas and policy
- Timings and induction training overview
- Organisational history and background overview
- Ethics and philosophy
- Mission statement(s)
- Organisation overview and structure
- Local structure if applicable
- Departmental structure and interfaces
- Who’s who (names, roles, responsibilities)
- Site layout
- Other sites and locations
- Dress codes
- Basic communications overview
- Facilities and amenities
- Absenteeism and lateness
- Health insurance
- Trades Unions
- Rights and legal issues
- Personnel systems and records overview
- Access to personal data
- Time and attendance system
- Transport and parking
- Grievance procedure
- Discipline procedures
- Career paths
- Training and development
- Learning Styles Self-Assessment
- Multiple Intelligences Self-Assessment
- Awards and Incentives
- Health and Safety, and hazard reporting
- Physical examinations, eye test etc.
- Emergency procedures, fire drill, first aid
- Accident reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Use, care, and issue of tools and equipment
- Other housekeeping issues
- General administration
- Restricted areas, access, passes
Some of the information is from www.businessballs.com